China Scholarship Council
Applying to a University of Calgary's as a regular doctoral student
Applicants who are applying to be regular doctoral students are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Please ensure that you do not miss the program deadline.
Applicants contact programs and prepare application documents
- September 1 – January 31
- Some programs have earlier deadlines, please ensure that you meet the deadline.
Graduate programs assess applications and make recommendations to the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS)
- December – February 1
FGS reviews recommendations
- December to February 27
FGS issues offers of admission to students
- No later than March 20th
Students apply for CSC scholarship through their home universities in China
- March 20th – April 5th*
CSC application deadline
- April 5th
CSC announces scholarship recipients
*Note: Chinese universities may have an internal competition for CSC scholarship
- Determine which graduate program you would like to apply to and visit the program’s website to learn more.
- It is strongly encouraged that you approach faculty member(s) with research interests that match yours. When sending emails to them, indicate that you are a potential CSC applicant.
- Take the TOEFL or IELTS test, and ensure your test results are sent to University of Calgary. Important: Consult the Graduate Calendar-Program Descriptions to see the scores required by the program you are applying to. Different program may require different scores.
- Visit and complete the online application. If you are new to the system, please register a new eID. When applying, make sure that you indicate in the remarks section that you will be applying for the CSC competition in China.
- Collect the official transcripts and the number of reference letters required by your program.
- Graduate program submit Recommendation for Admission From to FGS.
- FGS issues conditional admission letters to the students and copies the graduate program.