Course registration

Manage courses in your Student Centre by the relevant deadlines listed in the Academic Schedule.

Managing course enrolment in your student centre

You may add, edit, or swap courses online any time up to and including the course add deadline. Withdraw deadlines for Block Week and other non-standard courses may differ from the regular Academic Schedule. Make sure you check the specific deadlines for each of your courses in your Student Centre.

Dropping a course vs. withdrawing from a course

  • You may drop a course through your online Student Centre any time up to and including the course drop deadline. Course tuition fees will be cancelled and the course will be removed from your academic record.
  • After the drop deadline has passed, you may withdraw from a course online any time up to and including the course withdrawal deadline. No tuition fees will be refunded and a ‘W’ will be recorded for the course on your academic record. A ‘W’ has no impact on your GPA. Graduate students are not permitted to withdraw online more than once from the same course.

After the withdraw deadline for a given term has passed, the course grade will be entered as earned.

Course registration guides

Please use these guides for instructions on managing course enrolment in your Student Centre.

Register for a class

Read the instructions

Edit a class

Read the instructions

Swap a class

Read the instructions

Drop a class

Read the instructions

Auditing a course

To audit a course, complete a Change of Course Registration Form and submit it to your Graduate Program Administrator.

Note: This process only applies to graduate students. Open Studies or undergraduate students interested in auditing a graduate-level course need to follow the undergraduate process.


Graduate students will sometimes require permission from their graduate program to enrol in specific courses. If you are unable to add a course, speak with your graduate program administrator first.

Graduate students are unable to enrol in courses outside of their departments without permission. You may need to complete and submit a Graduate Change of Course Registration form to the Faculty of Graduate Studies, but first check with your graduate program administrator. If you wish to audit a course, the Change of Course Registration form is also required.


You will not be able to register in classes if you have a hold on your account. A hold may be placed on your account for a variety of reasons, such as outstanding admission documents or past due fees. If you have any questions about this, speak to your graduate program administrator or to the Faculty of Graduate Studies’ front desk team.


Always make sure you are aware of the add/drop deadlines for the term. You can view these deadlines in the Graduate Calendar. If you want to add a course after the deadline, you will need to complete a Change of Course Registration form, and you will be charged a late registration fee. If you have any questions about the add/drop deadlines, speak to your Graduate Program Administrator or to the Faculty of Graduate Studies’ front desk team.

Extenuating Circumstances Withdrawal (EW)

If you are unable to complete a course due to unexpected, uncontrollable circumstances, you may be able to apply for an Extenuating Circumstances Withdrawal. EW Applications are reviewed by the Registrar’s Office. More information is available here.

For more information contact your Graduate Program Administrator