If your research or study involves human subjects, the proposed research/study must be reviewed and approved by
- University of Calgary Conjoint Faculties Research Ethics Board (CFREB), or
- Conjoint Health Research Ethics Board (CHREB).
Since applying for the Ethics Approval can sometimes take weeks up to months, it is best that you plan for this application as early as possible to avoid any delays.
You must obtain the Ethics Approval before you can conduct your research.
Before applying for ethics approval
- You must successfully complete the Tri-Council CORE tutorial.
- If your research or study involves animals, your care and use must be approved an Animal Care Committee before your research begins.
- If your research or study involves biohazards, your Principle Investigator must hold a Biosafety Permit from the Biosafety Committee for the handling/storage of biohazards and you must complete biosafety training.
Work with your Supervisor
In all cases, please talk to your supervisor when applying for ethics approval.